Cane Bay High School
Cane Bay High School opened in 2008 to serve grades 9 through 12. CBHS helps students develop the world class skills and life and career characteristics of the Profile of the Graduate by demonstrating high levels of achievement in academics, the arts, athletics and service. Highlights include:
- Offers more CTE and AP Programs than most schools in the tri-county area.
- Currently have academy partnerships with McElveen (Business & Marketing), Heritage Trust Federal Credit Union (Banking), Berkeley County Sherriff’s Office (Law Enforcement), Roper St. Francis Hospital (Health Science and Biomedical), plus now offering Intermediate Manufacturing with automaker, Volvo.
- The Class of 2018 earned $6,321,000 in scholarships.
- Earned recognition on a state and national level in Robotics, DECA and Student Council in 2018
- In 2018, Cane Bay Athletics had four teams win region titles – competition cheer (also 3rd in the state), wrestling, baseball and boys soccer.
- Cane Bay Drama Company was named the “Best of Berkeley” for the third straight year.
- Agricultural/Forestry teacher, Kirk Richter, was recognized as State CTE Teacher of the Year in 2018.
- English teacher, Nick Snyder, was in the top five finalists for State Teacher of the Year in 2108.
- The National Teacher of the Year in 2013 was Cane Bay’s very own Shelley Delpiaz.